Lagos Contemporary

This in my opinion is the most famous illustration of lagos and i thought it was perfect for our opening image and header. It just says so much about the city- contemporary, fast-paced, beautiful, a huster’s utopia.

Some people may look at this photograph and think “chaos” but I look at it and appreciate the beauty of the city. This illustration represents a lively, multi-faceted and tireless people also known as Lagosians.

P.S: I thought the photo will be incomplete without a random POPO lingering around somewhere. Can u spot the popo?? *rolling eyes*

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Welcome to Five Senses LAGOS

Five Senses Lagos is for the free spirited soul who appreciates culture and beauty.

I recently moved to Lagos and I’m so overwhelmed and impressed by how modern but yet culturally immersed the city is. I’ve spent a year observing the culture and lifeSTYLE of Lagosians ( Im not originally one myself, but must say I have arguably earned the label) and have decided that it is all worth documenting.

In accordance with Gisele Scanlon’s “Goddess Experience” I sometimes wonder “what makes me happy?” Recently I have come to the conclusion that for me pure bliss is occasioned by the external stimuli that excite my senses. By “external stimuli” I am not referring to anything complex but everyday things like a retro DRESS from phunkafrique, a whiff of Claremont and May’s cucumber and mint fragrance oil or just scrumptious “dodo-gizz” from la saisson.

With this blog I will attempt to excite YOUR senses with such “stimuli” as I find particularly DELICIOUS! These will consist of interesting pieces of art/FASHION, gratifying MUSIC, YUMMY FOOD, lovely scents, and pleasant sensations which I encounter while exploring the culture and lifestyle of THE LAGOSIANS!

The blog will be classified into SIGHT, HEARING, TASTE, SMELL and SENSATION and I should make at least an entry a day on any/all of these categories as Lagos permits me…

Honestly. This is just a forum to document the creative side of Lagos, which is just “HEAVY” at the moment and will definitely flourish. Also you can expect notifications on upcoming ARTSY events such as concerts, plays and shows/exhibitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment