Lagos Contemporary

This in my opinion is the most famous illustration of lagos and i thought it was perfect for our opening image and header. It just says so much about the city- contemporary, fast-paced, beautiful, a huster’s utopia.

Some people may look at this photograph and think “chaos” but I look at it and appreciate the beauty of the city. This illustration represents a lively, multi-faceted and tireless people also known as Lagosians.

P.S: I thought the photo will be incomplete without a random POPO lingering around somewhere. Can u spot the popo?? *rolling eyes*

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lagos Carnival pics










I miss Lagos :-(( I've been out of town since Sunday and I'm really feeling nostalgic. Anyhoooos whilst i was out of town, the Lagos Carnival was on and I've managed to get the pictures for that so enjoy...

The Lagos Carnival is supposed to be a recreation of the age long tradition of Brazilan Lagos as pioneered by Brazilian returnees, Emancipados. I REALLY adore FASHOLA for his emphasis on the creative Lagos. The Governor said that through the festival, Lagos has exhibited its culture, its food, its creativity and its readiness to open Lagos as a tourist destination and we are with him on that.

Also important is the fact that all the costumes (over 93,000!!) were made by the students, graduates and costume designers at the Skills Aquisition Centre in Lagos. Dont we just looove this Government???

Did u attend the carnival or encounter it in anyway? What did u think?

No comments:

Post a Comment