Lagos Contemporary

This in my opinion is the most famous illustration of lagos and i thought it was perfect for our opening image and header. It just says so much about the city- contemporary, fast-paced, beautiful, a huster’s utopia.

Some people may look at this photograph and think “chaos” but I look at it and appreciate the beauty of the city. This illustration represents a lively, multi-faceted and tireless people also known as Lagosians.

P.S: I thought the photo will be incomplete without a random POPO lingering around somewhere. Can u spot the popo?? *rolling eyes*

Friday, April 9, 2010

BEZ the soon to be music wonder...



Or should I say BEZ, the music wonder??

Emmanuel Bezhiwa Idakula is a soul/jazz musician- think John Legend/Jason Mraz/Asa. (Wow!! Those are actually three of my favourite musicians...). Although some say he sounds just like Asa, I say Nigeria has not had anything like him before. He is blossoming really fast and already I hear him on THE BEAT about twice a day but when he hits Lagos with his first album (which he has been working on for while *raised eyebrows*), I am sure he will be the talk of the town. But until then take your time BEZ we are waiting patiently!

I am sure a number of us have heard "Zuciya Daya" by Bez so I have posted a less popular track "Stop Pretending". Enjoy.

P.S: Yes this is the same Bez from "Maga no need pay", microsoft's song for their anti-cybercrime initiative featuring Banky W, Omawumi, Cobhams, MI, Modele, Rooftop MCs and Wordsmith.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a crazy fan of this guy............i saw him play live on vals day @ TBS and at Rhythm unplugged. He is one out-of-this world lyric crooner and that albino guy who backs him up on the lead guitar is just as bad-ass as it can ever get..............WATCH OUT PEEPS. Bez is gonna blow ur minds with his album *when it finally hits the streets*

    ReplyDelete