Lagos Contemporary

This in my opinion is the most famous illustration of lagos and i thought it was perfect for our opening image and header. It just says so much about the city- contemporary, fast-paced, beautiful, a huster’s utopia.

Some people may look at this photograph and think “chaos” but I look at it and appreciate the beauty of the city. This illustration represents a lively, multi-faceted and tireless people also known as Lagosians.

P.S: I thought the photo will be incomplete without a random POPO lingering around somewhere. Can u spot the popo?? *rolling eyes*

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Terra Kulture Miniature Art Fair





Hello Readers!

Feels soo good to be back (albeit for the next 15 mins). I know I'm not meant to be back on here until mid august but as I suspected something irresistable has cropped up so I decided that instead of spending my break occupied with meaningless chats, it makes more sense to blog in the public interest. Ok to cut my excuses short, I MUST BLOG!

The reason for my return is the Miniature Art Fair at Terra Kulture

Fresh, fun and feisty, this collection of works by the chosen 65 unheralded artists is sight for sore eyes. It is targeted for people like you and I who can't afford the works of Kolade Osinowo, Job Obateru and the likes.

The fair will be on at Terra Kulture from the 14th to the 19th of August and the doors open at 4pm on the 14th. This is the poster which shows the numbered works and their respective artists.

I particularly love No's 5, 20, 50, 51 and 58. The expression of the children in 5 is so true to life, reminds me of the worldcup... Yes random but, moving on swifly- who loves the color palette on 20? I find it irresistable. Oh and don't miss out the cutesy sand bottle just like the ones u get in dubai!

I feel like there's actually something for everyone. The collection is very diverse and at this juncture I'd like to congratulate those who carefully selected the works to be showcased at the fair. Kudos. I Don't know if there's more works than the 65 on the poster but I would be happy to go along and feast my eyes on only these 65 (hopefully I won't be just feasting my eyes but also a wall in my house!).

To be honest the poster for the fair speaks for itself (in law, res ipsa loquitur) so enjoy. On that note I best get back to my law books!

See you on the 14th

No comments:

Post a Comment