Lagos Contemporary

This in my opinion is the most famous illustration of lagos and i thought it was perfect for our opening image and header. It just says so much about the city- contemporary, fast-paced, beautiful, a huster’s utopia.

Some people may look at this photograph and think “chaos” but I look at it and appreciate the beauty of the city. This illustration represents a lively, multi-faceted and tireless people also known as Lagosians.

P.S: I thought the photo will be incomplete without a random POPO lingering around somewhere. Can u spot the popo?? *rolling eyes*

Monday, June 7, 2010

Book Reading by Sade Adeniran- Imagine This


Dear Jupiter,

Yesterday I went for a book reading at The Life House organised by Abule Book club. The author was Sade Adeniran and she was reading from her first book, Imagine this. I hadn't read the book but yet I really enjoyed the book reading. The atmosphere was so serene and earthly with brightly coloured mats and cusions arranged in the garden. I felt like I was on tales by moonlight. The book is quite different in the sense that its written in the form of diary entries (just like this) by the main character. Despite the format its quite gripping. I find it interesting because its exposing me to a different world. I've only read about 10 pages and I've learnt so much already.

The writer, Sade described herself as an accidental writer. She never aspired to become a writer and this is her first book. Wait! Before you snob the book, may I add that it won the Best First Book African Region Commonwealth Writer's Prize in 2008. Maybe one day I too will write a book by mistake and win an award but until then pls make do with my blog entries.

Imagine This by Sade Adeniran is only N1200 and you should be able to find it in any major bookshop or The Life House. We look forward to another book by Sade. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment