Lagos Contemporary

This in my opinion is the most famous illustration of lagos and i thought it was perfect for our opening image and header. It just says so much about the city- contemporary, fast-paced, beautiful, a huster’s utopia.

Some people may look at this photograph and think “chaos” but I look at it and appreciate the beauty of the city. This illustration represents a lively, multi-faceted and tireless people also known as Lagosians.

P.S: I thought the photo will be incomplete without a random POPO lingering around somewhere. Can u spot the popo?? *rolling eyes*

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

IN HONOUR OF POETRY...

This is a poem written by a good friend of mine, Michael Dimude. Enjoy...

The power of choice

It’s ok for your life to shatter right before your very eyes
It’s ok if your heart is broken into a million pieces
It’s ok to reach for success and not be able to touch it
It’s alright to be afraid when you find yourself alone in the dark

For somewhere there is a clue to help you put your life back together
For someone can be that glue that makes your heart whole again
For it’s true that hard-work always pays off
For some are more afraid of the hue that comes with the light of day

For these reasons I know no dissatisfaction
For these reasons I know no trepidation
For these reasons I cling not unto history
For these reasons I long for tomorrow’s story

Not because of ego, my ideals or my spirituality
Not because of the rules that dictate society
Certainly not because I possess a child’s naivety

I believe everything happens along with its motivation
My belief is in the relativity in every perception
The consequence of every phenomenon is what we make of it
I am but a man with no control, but with power over my destiny
My power is choice and choice...
Choice is my destiny

1 comment: